A minor in Health Information Technology is a valuable complement to IT or health professionals who will be working in health care environments where information technology plays an increasingly important role. This minor is not available to students in the Health Information Management program.
Minimum Grade Requirements: A minimum grade of C- is required in any course within the Health IT minor that serves as a prerequisite for a higher-numbered course.
Residency Requirement: Students must complete at least 12 credits of the minor requirements at Marymount.
- HIM 101 Fundamentals of Health Information Management, Part I
- HIM 102 Fundamentals of Health Information Management, Part II
- HIM 115 Medical Terminology (for those students enrolled in a non-health-related program) or IT 205 Computer Technology (for those students enrolled in a non-IT program)
- HIM 125 Health Information Systems
- HIM 205 Principles of Disease
- HIM 215 Medical Classification Systems
- HIM 365 Integrated Health Care Technology
- IT 305 Computer Networking
- IT 335 Corporate Cybersecurity
- IT 380 Electronic Document and Record Management