Applicants must submit the following:
- completed application with $40 nonrefundable application fee
- proof of having earned a bachelor's degree with a minimum 2.75 GPA or 3.25 in the last 60 hours.
- an undergraduate transcript so that the adequacy of undergraduate general coursework needed for licensure requirements can be determined
- two letters of recommendation
- passing scores, as set by the Virginia Department of Education, for
- Praxis Core Math (test code 5732), passing score of 150 or higher or SAT/ACT and
- Virginia Communication and Literacy Assessment (VCLA): combined subtest scores in reading and writing of 470
In addition, the applicant must interview with a faculty advisor in Education.
Professional Development School Applicants
In addition to the above requirements, PDS applicants must
- first apply to the M.Ed program and indicate on the Graduate Application his/her intention to apply for the PDS program
- submit an additional application to the PDS program (The Office of Graduate Admissions will provide the application)
- submit an essay
- provide transcripts that reflect a minimum 3.0 GPA