Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed application with $40 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary education with an acceptable GPA
- Satisfactory scores on the GRE
- Professional résumé
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a faculty member or clinical supervisor (please use the recommendation forms available in the application packet or online)
- A personal statement summarizing the applicant's experience and professional goals. This open-ended expressive written statement should be no longer than three single-spaced pages and address each of the following areas:
- the applicant's rationale or purpose for pursuing the Ed.D. in the desired emphasis area
- the theoretical perspectives currently used by the applicant in practice
- significant life events that have led the applicant to pursue the doctoral degree
- the applicant's personal and professional goals as they relate to the decision to pursue this doctoral degree.
After the initial review of an applicant’s preliminary materials, he or she may be invited to participate in a two- to three-hour interview process designed to assess clinical and interpersonal skills. The process includes group and individual interviews and an orientation to the program. All application materials must be received by the appropriate deadline in order to be considered for the interview.
Application Deadline for the Ed.D. Program
Please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions for further information on all admissions-related matters.