Late Books, Fines, and Fees
Overdue Status and Fine
- The library automatically sends email reminders to patrons when their books are approaching the due date. Patrons will be emailed after a book is overdue.
- There is a 3-day grace period after a book is overdue to return it without incurring fines.
- Marymount's library does not charge overdue fines to currently enrolled Marymount students, faculty, or staff (with the exception of reserve materials and media items) until the item has been overdue for 39 days.
- For WRLC patrons, community borrowers, and alumni, the fine for overdue materials is $.25 per day up to a maximum of $10 per item in addition to any lost and/or processing fees.
- Fines for media (i.e. DVDs) borrowed from other WRLC libraries is $5 a day to a maximum of $25.
- Fines for media (i.e. DVDs) borrowed from Marymount is $10 a day to a maximum of $50.
- Fines for overnight reserves are $2.50 a day to a maximum of $7.00 per item.
- Fines for closed reserves are one cent per minute up to $7.00.
Lost Fines and Fees
- 40 days after an item is overdue, the item's status changes to "Lost." The following fines are then applied to the patron's account: $67 lost item fee $30 processing fee $10 overdue fine.
- After all fees are applied, patron's Registrar records, registration for classes, and transcripts will be held until fines/fees are paid.
- Upon return of the item, fines and account hold will be removed.
- Marymount student, faculty and staff may replace a lost book with an exact copy rather than paying the $67 lost fee. However, the $30 processing fee and $10 overdue fine must still be paid.
- Patrons should login to their MyLibrary page for account information.