Marymount students, faculty, and staff may request books, journals, and resources from other libraries.
- You may request materials that are owned by MU but are missing or charged out.
- Before requesting a book or article, please make sure the material is NOT available at Marymount or through the e-Journal Title Finder.
- Requests for material must be in compliance with copyright rules.
- Patrons who use Ballston Center Library Extension may request items from Reinsch Library and WRLC libraries be delivered there.
How to request an item through the Consortium Loan Service (CLS)
- Find a book or journal record in MU's online catalog.
-- In the ALADIN Catalog, click the yellow post-it note on the right hand of the screen
-- In the new Navigator Catalog, find items at other schools by changing the school limit in the top right hand corner. Once you've found an item at another school, click "Request" next to the listing at the bottom of the screen. Login.
- If you are requesting a journal article, make sure to fill in all areas of the request form.
- The items requested through the CLS usually arrive in 2-3 business days. If you need the item sooner, you may pick it up from the lending library.
How to request an item through Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Click here for the interactive form. Login.
- Click on the Request a Copy button to request an article or one chapter from a book.
- Click on the Request a Loan button to request an entire book.
- Request only one article or book on each form.
- Books usually arrive in 1-3 weeks.
- Article delivery will vary, depending on the lender and the delivery method, but usually takes 3-5 business days.
We will send you an email once your item comes in
- Books will be held at the circulation desk hold shelf for 10 days.
- Most articles will be posted to your MyALADIN page.