DAR Constitution Hall Regulations
There are rules and regulations established by our host, Constitution Hall, over which Marymount University has no control.
You are asked to comply with these to ensure a successful event for everyone. Ushers provided by Constitution Hall will see that these regulations are strictly enforced.
- Tickets are required for all guests. Children 3 years of age and older must have a ticket to enter.
- Graduates and faculty must have academic attire to be admitted.
- The Hall will be closed to visitors one the ceremony begins
- Professional photography is provided; thus, no cameras are permitted.
- Videotaping can be done only from designated areas.
- Guest seating in the Hall will not be available before 9 a.m. for the Undergradute Ceremony or before 1 p.m. for the Graduate Ceremony.
Parking & Transit
Parking in the area of Constitution Hall is free on Sundays, but limited.
Arrangements have been made for Commencement participants and guests to use the parking garage at 1800 G Street, NW (3 blocks from Constitution Hall). Guests should enter on the 18th Street side.
- Approx. 400 spaces available
- Open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Max. height 6 feet
Individuals with a Commencement ticket or Marymount University BlueCard ID may park at no charge. Those without a Commencement ticket or BlueCard ID will be charged $5.
Metro and MU Shuttle
Another alternative is to park at Marymount’s Ballston Center and ride the Metro to Foggy Bottom. MU shuttles will provide transportation between Constitution Hall and the Foggy Bottom-GW Metro station.
Taxi service from Marymount to Constitution Hall costs approximately $17.
Maps & Directions
Commencement Ceremonies will take place at DAR Constitution Hall.
>> Get directions to 18th and D Streets, NW, Washington, DC
Marymount's Main Campus is located at the intersection of Glebe Road and Old Dominion Drive.
>> See Marymount Maps & Directions
There are several hotels in the area, some that offer special rates for Marymount guests.
>> See Hotels & Accomodations