The information in this section is published exclusively for accreditation-related purposes. For inquiries regarding the admission or general educational policies and practices of Marymount University, please consult the relevant sections of this catalog.
Marymount University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award doctoral, master’s, and bachelor’s degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Marymount University.
- The Bachelor of Business Administration and Master of Business Administration programs are accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- The Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Pastoral Counseling, and School Counseling programs are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP). (The Clinical Mental Health Counseling and Pastoral Counseling programs are accredited as Community Counseling programs.) The School Counseling program is also accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- Teacher preparation programs and the M.Ed. in Administration and Supervision program are accredited by the Division of Teacher Education and Certification of the Virginia Department of Education and by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- The M.S. in Health Care Management program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME).
- The Interior Design undergraduate program and the First Professional (Track Two) graduate degree program are accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA).
- The Doctor of Nursing Practice, Master of Science in Nursing, and the Bachelor of Science in Nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). The B.S.N. program is also approved by the State Board of Nursing of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- The M.A. in Legal Administration, the B.A. in Paralegal Studies, and the undergraduate and graduate Paralegal Studies certificate programs are approved by the American Bar Association (ABA).
- The M.S. in Management is accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- The Doctor of Physical Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).